Looking For Low Calorie Desserts?
When you have the urge for something sweet and have to look for a low calorie desserts, you get turned off. You want something tasty but it’s hard to find something to fit the bill. But your taste buds don’t care they want what they want and will beg and torch er you until you satisfy this urge… which leads to cheating. Cheating yourself when your trying to eat right will give you guilt and make you feel like a loser.
–> I know this for a fact because I’ve been there. This is when it’s time to make your own low-calorie desserts and enjoy a guilt free treat for once.
Next quick & easy low calorie (under 299 calories) and fat free dessert recipes. I’m sure you will enjoy every one of them.
Delicious Low Calorie Dessert Recipes
#1 Baked Apple
This dessert is very low in calories and is very satisfying. To me, it tastes like apple crisp or apple pie a la mode without all the calories. Even better, it is very simple to prepare and you can have it ready to enjoy in just a few minutes. This low fat apple recipe is great for dessert, a snack or even a side dish (I love it served with lean pork chops).
- 1 apple (Braeburn or Gala varieties are my favorite for this recipe).
- All-spice seasoning.
- Fat-Free whipped topping.
Note: If you use a less-sweet variety of apple, such as Granny Smith, you may want to add a pinch of Splenda. Otherwise, I find that Braeburns and Galas provide enough sweetness through the cooking process to create a yummy dessert.
- Wash, peel and chop your apple.
- Place the apple pieces in a microwave safe dish and sprinkle on cinnamon and a bit of all-spice seasoning to suit your tastes.
- Microwave for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Remove from microwave (apples will be HOT!).
- Serve in a dish and add a dab of fat-free whipped topping.
#2 Red, White, & Blue Cheesecake Cupcakes
You won’t believe it’s a low calorie(98 calories), better for you treat! Here’s a yummy, but guilt-free dessert that will look beautiful on your table.
I found this one at skinnytaste.com and it’s great! And check out the nutritional content – definitely a treat you can feel good about eating.
- 12 reduced fat vanilla wafers.
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- 6 oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt.
- 2 large egg whites.
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour.
- 8 oz strawberries.
- hulled and sliced thin.
- 8 oz blueberries.
- Heat oven to 350Â°.
- Line cupcake tin with liners. Place a vanilla wafer at the bottom of each liner.
- Gently beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in fat free yogurt, egg whites, and flour. Do not over beat. Pour into cupcake liners filling half way.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature then chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
#3 Rice Pudding
Rice pudding is another great dessert to have on a cold winters evening. I sometimes like to put on a couple of chopped strawberries. This recipe contains 4 servings.
- 50 g of round-grain (pudding) rice.
- 600 ml skimmed milk.
- Artificial sweetener.
- Grated nutmeg.
- Put the rice in an ovenproof dish.
- Stir in the milk and sweeten to taste. sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about 1.5 – 2 hours until the rice is tender and the top is a golden brown.
- Serve into bowls and add some chopped strawberries is desired.
#4 Broiled Bananas Bonanza
If you like bananas, you’ll love this scrumptious recipe. Try it for dessert, with breakfast, or as a side dish with curried entrees.
The Broiled Bananas Bonanza recipe is a wonderful low calorie, great tasting. Your family will love them and appreciate the fact that you made them such a yummy treat! (Servings:6 /Serving size:1/2 banana/96 Calories).
- 3 medium ripe bananas.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 2 teaspoons firmly-packed brown sugar, (or equivalent amount of sweetener).
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice.
- Dash ground cloves.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, (you can also use Pam buttered flavor cooking spray).
- Slice bananas crosswise and then lengthwise.
- Place bananas in a shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush both sides of bananas with lemon juice.
- Drizzle butter over bananas.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over bananas.
- Broil 5 inches from heat until lightly brown (about 5 minutes) Serve hot.
#5 Banana Split For Two
I know your mouth is watering already! When sharing this recipe is only 163 1/2 calories per person. Who said you can’t have fun with desserts anymore?
- 1 medium-size banana.
- 4 oz. of your favorite fat-free ice cream or yogurt.
- 1 tbsp. fat-free granola.
- 1-2 tbsp. Smucker’s Light (fat free) Hot fudge Topping.
- Split banana in half lengthwise and place in a bowl.
- Top it with your favorite fat-free Smucker’s Hot Fudge Topping.
- Sprinkle fat-free granola on top.
Delicious Low Calorie Chocolate Dessert Recipes
#6 Decadent Chocolate & Strawberry Sundae
This is probably my most favorite dessert. It has approximately 175 calories per serving, so it is a great dessert to have when you’ve been eating healthy throughout the day. It is so delicious and to me, tastes even better than a traditional ice cream sundae. Enjoy!
- ½ cup of Chocolate Soy Ice Cream.
- 1 cup of fresh, sliced strawberries.
- Fat-free whipped topping.
- Scoop a half cup serving of chocolate soy ice cream (or use low-fat frozen chocolate yogurt).
- Layer your sliced strawberries on top.
- Dollop with some fat-free whipped topping.
#7 Hot Chocolate Custard
This is another of my favorites to have on a cold night especially when my chocolate cravings have kicked in. Sometimes I will have the custard just by itself or add in a little fruit to bulk it up if I’m particularly hungry. This recipe will give you 4 servings.
- 300 ml cornflour (cornstarch).
- 45 ml cocoa (unsweetened chocolate) powder.
- 600 ml skimmed milk.
- Artificial sweetener granules.
- Blend the cornflour and cocoa with a little of the milk in a saucepan then stir in the rest of the milk (this prevents lumps).
- Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes all the while stirring until it is smooth and thick.
- Add in the sweetener to taste and then serve by itself or with a little fruit.
#8 Chocolate Ice Cream Delight
Don’t worry this chocolate delight is only 167 calories per serving ,easy as 1-2-3, and totally fat free! You can alter the recipe with low calorie whipped cream.
- 1 Entenmann’s fat-free chocolate loaf cake.
- 8 oz. any flavor fat-free frozen yogurt.
- Split cake into 3 layers.
- Put 1 pint of yogurt between the two layers.
- Slice and serve.
#9 Chocolate Mouse For Two
This dish can be served warm or cold. It can serve 3 and is only 121 calories per serving.
- 1 envelope D-Zerta Chocolate Pudding.
- 2 envelopes Sweet ‘N Low.
- 1 tbsp. Fat-Free Smucher’s Light Hot Fudge.
- 2 tbsp. brandy.
- Mix pudding, sweetener and coffee in sauce pan.
- Add milk.
- Stir with fork until pudding dissolves.
- Add fat-free hot fudge.
- Place on stove, stir constantly until pudding comes to a boil (10 minutes) and add brandy.
- Pour into serving bowls.
#10 Hot Fudge Sundae
This delectable chocolate dessert recipe has a whooping 286 calories and will only serve one. OK you can share with one other!
- 1 cup fat-free ice cream or yogurt.
- 2 tbsp. Wax Orchards fat-free hot fudge sauce.
- 1 tbsp. Back to Nature fat-free apple cinnamon granola.
- Combine and enjoy!
#11 Banana Brownie Sundae
This mouth watering chocolate dessert has only 194 calories per serving, serves 8 and is worth the effort.
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1/3 cup cocoa.
- 1/4 tsp.baking soda.
- 1/4 tsp.salt.
- 1 large very-ripe banana.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1 large egg white.
- 1/4 cup skim milk + 1/8 teaspoon lemon juice.
- 1 tsp.vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9″ baking pan with Pam.
- combine nonfat dry milk, flour, cocoa, soda and salt.
- Puree banana in blender; add sugar, egg white, milk and lemon juice and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients with banana, mix until blended.
- Bake 25 minutes.
Delicious Low Calorie Smoothies
#12 Cardamom Ginger Yogurt Smoothie
This recipe was inspired back in February when I was sampling some Cardamom Ginger Gelato at my local Whole Foods Market. It tasted great, but was a little bit sweet (and caloric) for my tastes.
- ½ cup of very cold fat-free milk.
- ½ cup of low-calorie vanilla yogurt (artificially sweetened).
- Ginger powder (to taste).
- Cardamom (to taste).
- Combine the milk and yogurt in your blender.
Very important: Start with small amounts of ginger and cardamom. The level of spiciness can vary depending on the freshness of your spices. Fresh spices are much stronger in taste than spices that have been on the shelf for a year.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste your smoothie and add more ginger or cardamom, if necessary. If it’s not sweet enough, simply add some of your favorite artificial sweetener to achieve your desired level of sweetness.
- Pour into a nice tall glass and serve with a straw. Easy and delicious!
#13 Fruit Smoothie Recipes
These smoothies are healthy and also great for picky eaters! Check out easy recipes for your sweet tooth!
1) Cherry Vanilla Smoothie
- 1 cup apple juice or cider.
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries.
2) Pink Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup apple juice or cider.
- 2 ounces soft silken tofu (1/2 cup).
- 1 cup frozen strawberries.
- 1 frozen very ripe medium banana.
3) Pineapple Crush
- 1/2 cup orange juice.
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks.
- 1/2 frozen very rip medium banana.
#14 strawberry margarita smoothie
Liven up with strawberry margaritas! Make this festive version with:
- 6 ounces tequila.
- 2 ounces triple sec.
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries.
- 4 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, and plenty of ice.
Blend all ingredients well and serve. Garnish with a whole fresh strawberry if you like. (Serves 4).
Low Calorie Dessert Ideas (No ‘cooking’ required)
Perhaps you don’t even have enough time to throw together my quick and easy low calorie desserts. If so, no worries – here is a list of satisfying and delicious desserts that you can enjoy on the run, in front of the television or use to add a bit of fun to your bagged lunch.
1. Frozen grapes.
2. Grilled pineapple.
3. Fruit salad.
4. Apple sauce.
5. Chocolate graham cracker.
6. 2 flavored rice cakes (caramel).
7. Sugar-free pudding cup.
8. Sugar-free jello cup.
9. 1 ice Popsicle.
These recipes should take about 10-15 minutes to prepare.
You will absolutely love them!
How to make Chocolate Brownies: Low calorie / Low fat
Finally, I hope that you can see how eating low calorie dishes does not mean giving up desserts. Desserts prepare the right way will make you feel whole and guilt free. Make one of these Low Calorie Desserts Recipes today!